- Go isn’t officially supported by AWS (yet)
- But, you can vote to make golang officially supported.
- Because of this, there is a per-container initialization cost of:
- Copying the embedded binary to /tmp
- Changing the binary permissions
- Launching it from the new location
- See the AWS Forum for more background
- Depending on container reuse, this initialization penalty (~
700ms) may prove burdensome.
- Once Go is officially supported, Sparta will eliminate the NodeJS proxying tier to improve performance & lower execution costs.
AWS Lambda Limitations
- Lambda is not yet globally available. Please view the Global Infrastructure page for the latest deployment status.
- There are Lambda Limits that may affect your development
- It’s not possible to dynamically set HTTP response headers based on the Lambda response body:
- Similarly, it’s not possible to set proper error response bodies.